djmcintyre

djmcintyre_71@hotmail.com

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Course Evaluation

At the beginning of this course, being new to the college
experience, I guess I really didn't know what to expect.
I thought, I write, the Professor will tell me what I do
wrong and that would be that. I have an entire new
outlook after taking John Goldfine's Eng101 College Comp.

The first month, I discovered we would read as much
as we write. With only doing prompts and freestyles at
the beginning, I was quite comfortable with the
situation.

After a few weeks, blogs were added to the mix. These
were interesting. At this point I discovered how to
not over think what I was doing. When I opened myself
up and just let it flow from the heart, I seemed to write
better. When I wasn't in the mood or just put too
much thought into it, to put it bluntly, my writing
sucked.

The end of this course, I discovered that through the
hard work of rewriting and rewriting some more...I
really enjoyed this class. I learned that you can not
produce quality work the first time around. And I
learned that John G. is always right there for answers
when you need him.

I really enjoyed taking English Comp from John G.
The online process is not an easy one at times, but
he made it as simple as he could for us. I do wish
that sometime I will have the opportunity to attend
his lectures in person. Thank you John for being
tough, but fair. I truly enjoyed this semester. I
can hardly believe it's over.

1 Comments:

  • At December 13, 2007 at 6:42 PM , Blogger johngoldfine said...

    Oh, it's really over--and I really enjoyed your group. G roups vary; I've had awful classes full of goof-offs, whiners, lazybones, gamesplayers, and so on. When I get a group of serious people, it helps me be a better teacher--it takes two to tango! So, thanks for being part of that good group, for being serious, and for making me make myself be good in class.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home