djmcintyre

djmcintyre_71@hotmail.com

Monday, December 3, 2007

Cause Essay

Driving down the road in my sports car. I hate to say this
out loud, but oh do I love to speed. I've loved this model
since I was little. There's nothing better to me than a Mustang.
Even the name gives me chills. I picture a strong, muscular
horse ready to race. There are a few reasons why I have had a
love of this car. Because of the excitement of the horsepower
under the hood, how you feel in the seat like it was made
to fit your body and because people take notice when you

drive by.

When I put the key in the ignition, I take a deep breath. I

make sure the radio is off and then turn the key. The motor
makes a deep low roar. I put it in gear and step on the gas.
What a feeling to have all that power. This is the first reason
I love mustangs.

Driving down the road and sitting in the bucket seat.

Everything in the car seems to be right where it needs to be
for my body. It all fits as thought it was made specifically
for me. The seat hugs my form. The car and I become one.

The last reason for my love of this car is something I hate

to admit to others. I love to have people stop and look twice
when they see me in my car. It makes me feel special and
maybe a little powerful. People come up to me all the time
a comment on my "wheels". They're almost envious. That
shouldn't make me feel good, but deep down it does.

I miss my car already. It gets parked for the winter. I'm back
in my Mom Mobile now. It's not so exciting to drive. But it has
convinced me that people treat you not by who you are inside,

but rather, what you have. I don't get as many waves. I don't
get double takes anymore. And the first question I get asked
when they see me in my winter vehicle is, "where did the
mustang go". Oh well, I can pretend for a moment it's actually
me they are awing over even if it's really the car that catches
their eye. One can dream..

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home