djmcintyre

djmcintyre_71@hotmail.com

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Effect Essay REVISED

The same group of ladies gather at the same time twice a week.
"All right", I say. "Let's get started". We first warm up and then
begin the class. They make fun of me because I smile throughout
the entire hour. I Love to exercise. They complain when I push
them to work harder, but at the end of the workout, they all
gather around and chat with each other about the benefits
they've received from their time here.

They boast about the energy level they have now. Exercising

helps them to feel more energetic than ever before. It's gives
them more stamina to make it through their hectic days.
I love to hear the changes they are developing. Building lean
muscle makes a different in people. The leaner the body, the
more calories burned through your day. It helps create a
steadier metabolism, which in turn gives people more energy.

Another benefit is the cardio endurance level they are

achieving. I overhear how they can't believe how far they've
come since they started. Some say they couldn't even climb
flight of stairs without getting winded. The jump rope class
I teach is my favorite. It is a fun class, but at the same time
is a high level cardio routine. If someone needs to lose
weight, this is a great class for them. It not only burns 1000
calories per hour (and yes, we jump for an hour), but it
also helps strengthen joints, improve balance and gives the
body physique a nice shape. It strengthens the lungs better
than any class I have ever taken. The people in my class
have come to love it, almost as much as I do.

The final benefit I hear them chatting about is how their bodies

have taken on a new beautiful shape. They not only feel great
on the inside, but look great on the outside. Most of them have
struggled with their body shapes and sizes for many years.
The change in body shape when you strength train is a well
defined strong body. Most see a drastic change in their posture.
With strong abdominal muscles it lifts your back and appears
to make you taller. And the best reward of all are the
compliments they are receiving from family and friends. Who
doesn't appreciate compliments? It makes us feel great about
ourselves.

So, even though they mumble and grumble during my workout,
they all have stuck to it and overcome. I always remind the class,

"If it were simple, the whole world would be fit." But beating
this challenge makes it all the more worth the effort. I'm proud
of their hard work and dedication.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home