djmcintyre

djmcintyre_71@hotmail.com

Sunday, September 30, 2007

I-Search Brainstorm #1

What I know about my topic of nutrition and the affects of
depression is what I've observed and what little bit I have
studied about nutrition. People connected
to me and even myself seem to have different moods
according to the choices of foods eaten. I watch certain
people in my life who make really poor eating choices.
They complain about not liking they way they feel or look, but
do nothing to improve their well-being. They ask for my
help, but when I give advice they have an excuse to everything
I say. Always having a reason not to try.

In particularly, what I want to find out is how certain foods
affect a person's thinking process, mood, depressive state,
negativity, etc. What foods contribute to the opposite?
It will be a challenge to not take this subject to a broad
range of questions and answers.

I plan to interview and follow individuals diets and physical
activity levels not only in people who are negative, but
also positive to see the differences, if any. I will also
research professional sources to help gather information
regarding this subject. In the end I hope to have some
answers to ways of helping people change, even if only
a little bit, in a better direction with their lives.

I have much to think about and much to do, but this is
the top layer of what I'm hoping to accomplish.

1 Comments:

  • At September 30, 2007 at 11:12 AM , Blogger johngoldfine said...

    Works as a brainstorm. T hings you will eventually want to fill it:

    Certain people, people connected to me? A few stories will help set the foundation for the paper.

    Also consider describing your own nutrition history and what you've seen in yourself about mood/food connections.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home