djmcintyre

djmcintyre_71@hotmail.com

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Graf #5

THINGS:

I'm sitting here trying to think of something that holds
great meaning in my life. Most things are just material
belongings that come and go. They don't hold much
value. They may seem to be very important to you at
a particular time in your life, but eventually things
just fade as a memory or even a lost memory. However,
you may have a "thing" that triggers a memory each
and every time you see it because the memory holds
great meaning in your life. I know I do.

My memory trigger is a book I made when I was 4 or 5
years old in Sunday school class. I had forgotten all
about the book for a long time. It was just one of those
paper books all kids make. Nothing special really. Until
one day when it came back into my life several years
later. I made this book and gave it to my Grandma who
died a few years later. My Grandma meant the world
to me. I had no idea that the book meant so much to her,
that she kept it tucked away in her keepsake box. When
she passed away, her belongings were divided amongst
her three children (my Mom being one of them). For
years I had know idea that this memory was kept.

I was sitting in the middle of a crowd at my first-born's
baby shower opening gifts from family and friends. When
I thought I was done, my Mom said there was one more
for me to open. I opened this wrapped book with a note
from my Mom that said how much this book meant to my
Grandma and to my Mom and so it was kept to pass along
to my children.

I still have the book and take it out of a box every now and
then, just sitting and remembering the wonderful
times we shared at my Grandparent' house.

The bond of family lives on forever.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home